Sunday, September 19, 2010

My Find of the Week! How about the Find of the Month!!!!!

Earlier this week my little car just decided she needed to go to the thrift store that is about 25 miles away.  This store by far is the best in the area and has been well worth the drive every time.  I always head directly to crafts and this time I didn't see a thing.  I saw the young lady bringing out a cart full of goods and instead of being trampled by the masses I waited to see what might be left after the cart was picked through.   I found a Christmas Stocking kit marked $2.00.  My body started shaking as I knew I was guaranteed $50 for it. I knew the market and knew there were some on eBay for $99.    I saw a few had sold recently for around $50 but there were about ten listed on eBay from $49.99 to $99.99.  I knew if I listed it at $99.99 I would sit on it for months or longer.  I also knew that I could sit on it for more than the $49.99 for a few months as we get closer to the holiday season. So I chose to list is at $69.99   It sold today.


Please note that three others have sold




Why did mine sell for more?  (I don't understand why it says best offer when I never put a best offer on it)  Could it be title?  Could it be Top Rated Seller?  Could it be my shipping Costs?  Makes you wonder.

Here are the others listed on eBay


You can see many have been listed for some time since store listings are 30 days with only several days left.  Also they could have listed these months and months ago but when they relist they show what time is left in the current 30 day listing. 

So look for old Vintage Bucilla Christmas Stocking Kits with Felt and Sequins... lots of money for these.  

No comments:

Post a Comment