Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Why I am Sad Today! I feel the Heart of eBay is Leaving the Company!

With a very sad heart today, I find out the marvelous woman responsible for all auctions and listings on eBay is leaving due to family matters.  Knowing Lorrie, she did not make this decision easily and needs to be where she is needed but I will be selfish here and say "We need her at eBay"  and as I am broken hearted, I am sure she is relieved to move on with pressing matters.  I have to say there have been a lot of people I have seen leave eBay due to better jobs, layoffs, etc but this one is the one that I feel impacts me the most.  Lorrie LISTENED and Lorrie Listened well.   As I wipe away the tears while I write this, I feel I have lost a great friend.  Lorrie will do well in her next venture, I just wished it was at eBay.  Why not a sabbatical?   I am sure this was all thought through for a long time but I feel like I lost my "counselor" of sorts at school.  Lorrie always knew my name, always greeted me and asked how my boys were.  She had to deal with thousands of faces and people all the time and traveled the world but never forgot who I was. She never forgot ME.  I felt Lorrie cared.  It didn't matter that I might be small seller on eBay or even a small buyer.  She cared about ME and if I had any issues with eBay. How my business was doing?  What could be done about it on eBay's part. etc.  That is what Lorrie was about.. She is and remains an advocate to US, the eBay seller and buyer.  I hope others at eBay will take note of Lorrie's way with people.  She is an amazing person and I will miss her dearly. 


You will do well Lorrie and I am your biggest fan. 


Cindy Sorley
BubbaCanDance
Layton, Utah 

No comments:

Post a Comment